The University of La Verne understands that collecting, storing and tracking personal information is a sensitive topic, and we are committed to safeguarding its privacy. This Privacy Notice outlines the collection, 使用, and disclosure of personal information provided to the University by potential and current donors, 员工, 学生, and alumni or pursuant to their authorization for University Advancement purposes. By submitting (or authorizing such submission) of Personal Information (see definition below) to the University for 使用 by the University ‘s Office of University Advancement (“Advancement”), or your 使用 the University’s websites and other 服务, you consent to the collection, 使用, 处理, and disclosure of that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, Personal Information includes 个人资料 and Sensitive Data, as discussed below.
University Use of Personal Information
Advancement collects and processes Personal Information from individuals who are potential and current donors, 员工, 学生, and alumni only as necessary in the exercise of the University’s legitimate interests, functions and responsibilities as a private institution of higher education. Information is collected and shared with internal and external parties in connection with marketing, communications, fundraising and outreach activities.
We may collect credit card information from you in connection with your donation, purchasing of tickets, or other financial support of University programming. A reputable third-party financial institution or credit card processor handles our secure credit card transactions pursuant to written agreements with the University that require it to maintain the confidentiality of these records.
In connection with these purposes, the University’s collection and 处理 of the following 个人资料 is lawful based on consent, and as necessary for a contract with the data subject, for the University’s legitimate interests, and to comply with legal obligations:
- Name, gender, birth and death dates, Identification Number, Personal Phone Number
- 首页 and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and social media contact information
- Location Data, Online Identifier, IP addresses
- Education Information
- Financial Information
- Employment Data
In connection with these purposes, the University’s collection and 处理 of the following 个人资料 is lawful based on consent and as necessary for the University’s legitimate interests:
In connection with these purposes, the University’s collection and 处理 of the following Sensitive Data is lawful based on consent and for the University’s legitimate interests:
- Race, ethnicity
- Religion or philosophical beliefs
Third Party Use of Information
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- 同意: We may disclose Sensitive Data and other Personal Information if we have your consent to do so.
- Charitable Organizations: We may share your Information with organizations in connection with charitable giving subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Public Information: We may share your Information and Sensitive Information if you have manifestly made it public.
- 存档: We may share your Personal Information for archiving purposes in the public interest, and for historical research, and statistical purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: We may share your Personal Information when necessary to administer a contract you have with the University.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your Personal Information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, 联邦, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We 使用 third parties who have entered into a contract with the University to support the administration of University operations and policies. 在这种情况下, we share your Personal Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- University Affiliated Programs: We may share your Personal Information with parties that are affiliated with the University for the purpose of contacting you about goods, 服务, charitable giving or experiences that may be of interest to you.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: We may 使用 and disclose Personal Information in de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to us and when we store it on our information technology systems.
You must have a secure browser—one that supports secure transmission of data across the Internet. For more information about your browser’s security features, 使用 your browser’s help feature.
We seek to implement appropriate security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to us and when we store it on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you send us credit card information over the Internet, we 使用 industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
Whenever you transmit credit card information through our secure site, all data 使用s encryption technology to protect the information from being stolen or intercepted. To protect your security, we do not allow you to store your credit card number from session to session.
Cookies and Other Technology
The University’s 使用 of cookies and other data from information technology can be found 拉维恩.edu/policies.
Retention and Destruction of Your Information
Your Personal Information will be retained by the University in accordance with applicable 联邦 and state laws applicable to not-for-profit private institutions of higher education, as well as the University’s applicable records retention periods. Your Personal Information will be destroyed upon your request unless applicable law or University policy requires destruction after the expiration of an applicable retention period. The manner of destruction shall be appropriate to preserve and ensure the confidentiality of your information given the level of sensitivity, value and criticality to the University.
You have the right to request access to, 的一个副本, 整改, restriction in the 使用 of, or erasure of your information in accordance with all applicable laws. The erasure of your information shall be subject to the retention periods of 联邦 and state law applicable to not-for-profit private institutions of higher education, as well as the University’s need to retain certain information pursuant to any other identified lawful basis. If the University’s 使用 of your information is pursuant to your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent without affecting the lawfulness of the University’s 使用 of the information prior to receipt of your request.
You may exercise these rights by contacting the Office of University Advancement at (909) 448-4162 or salmaguer-delgado@拉维恩.edu.
Information collected or created in the European Union will be transferred out of the European Union to the University. If you feel the University has not complied with applicable foreign laws regulating such information, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in the European Union.
Updates to This Policy
We may update or change this policy at any time. Your continued 使用 of the University’s website and third-party applications after any such change indicates your acceptance of these changes.
Last Updated: May 25, 2018